Benefits of Technology Transfer
The reasons for engaging in knowledge and technology transfer are manifold and can differ from person to person.
- recognition for discoveries made by you at the University, reputation of your research group and by extension the institution,
- attraction and retention of scientific talent,
- attraction of corporate research support, both financially and intellectually,
- additional income from licensing activities for the University, the inventors and the research team,
- contribution to the local economic development, e.g. through maintaining/creating value added jobs which could also benefit University graduates,
- benefits to the wider society through innovation (technologies, services, methods, devices, compounds, etc.) and an increased awareness and knowledge of socio-economic issues.
- the personal economic gain,
- witnessing that research results are actually being used,
- an enhancement of your CV,
- increasing your professional opportunities outside the University,
- or launching your own business.