Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Can I follow a Bachelor’s or a Master’s programme full time while working at the same time?
You have to know that the academic programmes are organised over 28 weeks a year. If you are gainfully employed, it must be a secondary activity if you wish to have the best chances of obtaining your diploma. However, it is possible to follow a part-time programme on the basis of a learning agreement prepared by the academic advisor. The same applies if you have family responsibilities or if you are involved in sport at a highest level.
Nevertheless, none of the Master’s programmes offer this possibility.

Are there evening classes ?
Sadly, there are no evening classes for any of the masters of the Faculty of Economics and Business.

What level of French must I have to be able to follow the Bachelor’s or Master’s courses with classes in French?
While no level of French is required, it is desirable to have a good comprehension level, as most courses are taught in French (Bachelors and for some Masters).

What level of English must I have to be able to follow a Master with all or some courses in English?
Such as for the French language, a sound knowledge of the English language is required to be able to follow the programmes and courses taught in that language. You have to be able to do presentations and to take written exams in English. While knowledge of the English language can be insufficient at the beginning of the curriculum, students dedicated to their studies may improve their command of the English language rather quickly.

Can I follow a course in another university?
Yes, upon justified request, it is possible to follow optional courses in another university (Geneva, Lausanne, Fribourg and Berne).

Do I have to live in Neuchâtel to follow the Master’s courses?
No, you can easily follow the courses in Neuchâtel while living somewhere else. Neuchâtel is easily accessible by public transport; for instance, train running time from Geneva is 70 minutes.

Is it possible to do an internship?

Yes, during the last year of the Bachelor, students can do a one-month (6 ECTS) or two-month (12 ECTS) internship. At the end of the internship, the student, supervised by a professor, must write a report on the domains related to the internship and the theoretical knowledge acquired. The internship can also be completed abroad.

What shall I do in case I am having difficulties in understanding the teaching?

Thanks to its size, the faculty is able to listen to its students. Professors often propose students who feel the need to get in touch at the end of the class or to make an appointment with them. However, the teaching assistants are the ones who mainly support the students during exercises, an activity which allows students to dig deeper into the materials dealt with in class. They are at the students’ disposal for further explanations.