• Can we follow the master while working?

    You should know that the training is provided in 28 weeks / year. It is quite possible to find arrangements with his employer to attend classes. There is also a possibility of extending the duration of studies to reduce the number of weekly classes.

  • Graduates of HES can be admitted?

    Those who obtained the bachelor degree in the field of information technology, software, business management or administration, issued by a Swiss technical college (bachelor HES) will be allowed subject to the success of an upgrade program. The upgrade program, which must not exceed 30 credits, is communicated in writing to the applicant. It specifies the modalities of examination and the conditions for success. The upgrade program may be followed during one or two semesters.

  • Are there any evening classes?

    Unfortunately, there are no evening classes for none of the masters of the Faculty of Economics.

  • Holders of a Bachelor of Economics are eligible for the Masters?

    Yes, holders of a Bachelor of Economics issued by a Swiss university are automatically eligible for the Masters.

  • How much I need to live in Switzerland?

    The answer to this question vary widely depending on the circumstances of each student. However, you will find an indicative budget to the "financial aspects" of the website of the University of Neuchatel.

  • Can we live in Neuchâtel and attend classes in Lausanne?

    Yes, you can absolutely follow course in Lausanne while living in Neuchâtel. The train ride lasts 40 minutes and most of your costs of transportation (by train, half-price) can be reimbursed (see instructions) .

  • We can begin training in spring semester?


  • What are the tuition fees?

    CHF 515 per semester for residents in Switzerland
    CHF 790 per semester for non-residents

  • What are the registration deadlines?

     - 30 April for the fall semester
     - 30 November for the spring semester

  • There are registration fees?

    There is no registration fee for holders of a Swiss diploma.

    A fee of CHF 100. - is charged for an application made ​​on the basis of a foreign diploma. This amount is deducted from the first tuition fees for persons actually admitted to UniNE.

  • There is a language test at the entrance?
     No language test is required for Master entry, but students wishing to take courses in French should have a french language understanding corresponding to one of the following tests:

     - Diploma in French (DELF) level B1 or B2
     - Diploma depth French (DALF) level C1 or C2
     - Diploma language of the Alliance Française
  • Why to choose the University of Neuchâtel?

    Unlike larger universities, anonymity doesn't rule the roost at the University of Neuchatel. On the contrary, people get to know one another - they discuss and exchange ideas, and students frequently run into their teachers out of class. There is a sense of solidarity and support between students, in particular between advanced students and beginners. This allows you to build friendships which will last you throughout your professional career and your life outside it.
    Thanks to its reputation, 20 % of the University of Neuchatel's students comes from outside Switzerland, with a hundred different nationalities represented. This cultural diversity is a great asset, in terms of the standard of teaching as well as the ambiance on campus.

  • Can I apply if I have not yet received my title?

    Yes, if you are completing your bachelor at another university , you must send your application on time. Then, upon receipt of your title , we will ask you to present it.

  • How many applicants are admitted?

    For the moment, there is no numerus clausus for this program

  • There is an entrance exam?

    No, there is no entrance examination.

  • Is it possible to defer my enrollment?

    Yes , it is possible to postpone the registration of a semester or year . To do this, simply send your request to the registration service and mobility prior to the semester for which you were registered . In response , you will receive a form to reactivate your application for the future.

  • Should I attach the original copy of my diploma to my file?

    No, it is important to not  attach it to your file. You will be asked to present it at the end of admission process once your application will be retained.

  • Recognition of previous studies/application for equivalence

    Equivalence ( taking into account previous studies )

    Masters students who wish to ask the recognition of already obtained ECTS credits or validated courses at another university or high school must include the application form of equivalence in their application . The application for equivalence will be sent to the faculty only if:

    - it is accompanied by the application
    - the candidate is eligible for the University of Neuchâtel.

  • Foreign students can enroll?

    Yes, if the candidate meets the entry requirements specified in the master regulation.

    Here are the requirements for admission :

    MScIS open to any holder of a Bachelor's in information systems , economics , economics , management or finance, and having obtained at least 12 ECTS in the field of computer science, or a bachelor's degree in computer or communication systems have received at least 12 ECTS in the field of humanities and social sciences .

  • Should we translate the documents on file for admission?

    Yes, all documents not in English, French , German , Italian or Spanish must be translated into English or French by a sworn translator .

  • How to legalize documents?

    The legalization of the title that gives you access ( equivalent of a Swiss maturity , a bachelor or otherwise) is generally required for diploma issued by foreign countries (except European countries and the United States ).

  • How many hours per week?

    On average it takes between 20 and 25 classes per week.

  • When will I receive my student card and my bill?

    Your student card (card Capucine ) will be given by the Office of Admissions at the time of the withdrawal of your file, just before the start of the semester concerned.