Adrian Bangerter, professeur ordinaire
|1998||Ph.D, University of Bern|
|1993||Licence en Psychology Générale, University of Lausanne|
|Since 2003||Professor, University of Neuchâtel|
|2002 – 2003||Visiting Scholar, Université de Neuchâtel, Sponsor: Prof. F. Tschan|
|2000 – 2002||Postdoctoral Fellow, Standford University, US, Sponsor: Prof. H. H. Clark|
|1999 – 2000||Lecturer, University of Basel|
|1997 – 2000||Researcher, SNSF research project, Selbstverwirklichung als postmoderne Entwicklungsaufgabe, Prof. Dr. A. Grob, University of Basel|
|1995 – 1998||Researcher, SNSF research project, Handlungsbezogene Gedächtnisprozesse sozialer Systeme, Prof. em. Dr. M. von Cranach|
|1993 – 1996||Teaching assistant (PhD student), University of Bern, Prof. em. Dr. M. von Cranach|
- Coordination in collaborative work
- Discourse and conversation analysis of task-related communication
- Social interaction and recruiter practices in selection interviews
- Interplay of language and non-verbal communication (gesture)
- Social representations, diffusion of ideas and social construction of knowledge
|Associate editor:|| |
Currently funded projects
- Adrian Bangerter, principal investigator
- 1 December 2014 – 31 July 2017
- Funded by Swiss National Science Foundation (CHF 194,576)
- Adrian Bangerter, principal investigator & Klaus Zuberbühler, co-principal investigator
- 1 September 2016 – 31 August 2019
- Funded by Swiss National Science Foundation (CHF 597,682)
For a complete publication list, see the profile on ResearchGate
- Brosy, J., Bangerter, A., & Mayor, E. (2016). Disfluent responses to job interview questions and what they entail. Discourse Processes, 53, 371-391.
- Mayor, E., & Bangerter, A. (2016). Flexible coordination of stationary and mobile conversations with gaze: Resource allocation among multiple joint activities, Frontiers in Psychology, 7, 1582.
- Gonzales-Martinez, E., Bangerter, A., Lê Van, K., & Navarro, C. (2016). Clinic staff corridor conversations: Work in passing. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 72, 521-532.
- Schaller, M., Murray, D., & Bangerter, A. (2015). Implications of the behavioural immune system for social behaviour and human health in the modern world. Philosophical Transactions B, 370, 1-10.
- Roulin, N., Bangerter, A., & Levashina, J. (2015). Honest and deceptive impression management in the employment interview: Can it be detected and how does it impact evaluations? Personnel Psychology, 68, 395-444.
- Bangerter, A., Corvalan, P., & Cavin, C. (2014). Storytelling in the selection interview? How applicants respond to past behavior questions. Journal of Business and Psychology, 29, 1-14.
- Franks, B., Bangerter, A., & Bauer, M. W. (2013). Conspiracy theories as quasi-religious mentality: An integrated account from cognitive science, social representations theory and frame theory. Frontiers in Psychology, 4, 424.
- Mayor, E., Eicher, V., Bangerter, A., Gilles, I., Clémence, A., & Green, E. G. T. (2013). Dynamic social representations of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic: shifting patterns of sense-making and blame. Public Understanding of Science, 22, 1011-1024
- Bangerter, A., Krings, F., Mouton, A., Gilles, I., Green, E. G. T., & Clémence, A. (2012). Longitudinal investigation of public trust in institutions relative to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic in Switzerland. PLoS ONE 7(11).
- Bangerter, A., Roulin, N., & König, C. J. (2012). Personnel selection as a signaling game. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 719-738.
- De Ruiter, J. P., Bangerter, A., & Dings, P. (2012). The interplay between gesture and speech in the production of referring expressions: Investigating the tradeoff hypothesis. Topics in Cognitive Science, 4, 232-248.
- Chevalley, E., & Bangerter, A. (2010). Suspending and reinstating joint activities with dialogue. Discourse Processes, 47, 263-291.
- Bangerter, A. (2004). Using pointing and describing to achieve joint focus of attention in dialogue. Psychological Science 15, 415-419.
- Bangerter, A. & Heath, C. (2004). The Mozart Effect: Tracking the evolution of a scientific legend. British Journal of Social Psychology, 43, 1-37.
- Bangerter, A., & Clark, H. H. (2003). Navigating joint projects with dialogue. Cognitive Science, 27, 195-225.